Finding Life: Responding to the Risen Jesus
April 4, 2016 | by: Scott Perkins | 0 Comments
Posted in: Sermon Questions
PARTICIPANT'S GUIDE FOR COMMUNITY GROUP GATHERINGS
Message: Finding Life: Responding to the Risen Jesus - April 03, 2016
Series: Guest Speakers
Speaker: Scott Perkins
Sermon Questions Prepared by: Scott Perkins
Main Passage: John 20:30-31.
Cross Referenced Passage: John 10:7-10; Matthew 16:24-26; Luke 24:13-27.
Launching Discussion: What would you tell someone is the secret to getting more out of life? Sermon Questions:
1. What is the difference between remorse and repentance?
- How are these related to the idea of denying yourself?
2. In what ways is the Jesus that you cling to different than the One portrayed in the Gospels?
- How do you try to benefit from this?
3. Read Luke 24:13-27. How does Jesus respond to the discussion the two men are having?
- What situation or circumstance keeps you from recognizing Jesus’ work in your life?
4. In His restoration of Peter, Jesus asks if Peter loves him more than these.
- What in your life would Jesus ask that same question about?
5. How will you live this week differently in response to this week’s message?