Jesus’ Resurrection--Did it Really Happen?
March 28, 2016 | by: Anthony Orzo | 0 Comments
Posted in: Sermon Questions
PARTICIPANT'S GUIDE FOR COMMUNITY GROUP GATHERINGS
Message: Easter 2016 “Jesus’ Resurrection--Did it Really Happen?" - March 27, 2016
Speaker: Pastor Anthony Orzo
Sermon Questions Prepared by: Pastor Anthony Orzo
Main Passage: Matthew 28:1-10
Launching Discussion: Can you recall the time you were first told about Jesus’ Resurrection? Do you remember what your reaction was? Please share it with your group.
1. Have you ever been the person, or met a person who instinctively felt the Resurrection of Jesus wasn’t at all possible?
- What was the line of reasoning behind their lack of trust that it actually happened?
- As believers, how can we share our Resurrection belief with others in a spirit of grace and truth?
In Matthew 28:2-3- “There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. 3 His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow.”
Matthew 28:2-3 assumes there is a spiritual world beyond the natural world we can see. This spiritual world is one of the reasons we can say the Resurrection could’ve happened. (As believers, we believe it did.)
2. In your own life, have you met people who are spiritual? In a general sense, talk about what their “spirituality” is rooted in. How does that differ from a Spirituality rooted in Jesus?
3. Have you ever seriously looked at some of the evidence that gives credibility to the Resurrection event?
- What caused you to believe (if you believe) that it actually happened?
- Share a bit of your Faith journey when it comes to how you trusted that it happened.
4. Many Christians who have cognitively come to believe the Resurrection happened suffer from a lack of experiencing the promised hope Jesus gives us through it.
- Why do you think they believe with their head, but not their heart?
In conquering the Grave, the Resurrection shows us that Jesus dealt with the penalty of our sin and the shame and guilt often associated with it. He overcame it all!
5. What are some practical ways we can live with that hope and promise of peace in our lives?
Conclusion Discussion: This week take some time in your groups to share how God has shown you his love. Really pause and take a moment to share how God’s love shown to you on the Cross-and through the Resurrection still lives in your heart to day!
HE HAS RISEN!!!